• 4 medium organic tomatoes, chopped
• 1 Cup chopped mushrooms (or your veggie of choice. Corn and onions would be a great addition, too!)
• 2 TB chopped fresh parsley
• 2 TB Italian Herbs or Oregano
• 3/4 Cup black olives
• 1/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 2 Cups veggie broth
• 1 cup prepared quinoa
• 4 large bell peppers
• Slivered almonds
1. Prepare quinoa by cooking it in boiling water for 25 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Sauté garlic in olive oil over medium high heat for 1 minute. Add mushrooms (or veggies of choice), cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook another few minutes.
3. Stir the quinoa, parsley, and olives into tomato mixture to combine.
4. Cut the top off the peppers, remove seeds and ribs. Rinse. Place in large baking dish.
5. Spoon quinoa mixture into the peppers. Pour veggie broth over peppers, filling the baking dish up about an inch or two.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle with almonds and bake for another 10 minutes.
Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!